Did you know that most of last year's attendees had never been to the arena before? The very place Elton John and John Mayer just held concerts? It's a beautiful state of the art sports arena and you get to experience it on the ground floor - literally. We hold Chowdafest in the ice hockey rink and you get to go around slurping decadent samples of chowder, soup and bisque while the marching band of Sacred Heart University pumps up the crowd of food lovers. The Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard is conveniently on/off exit 27 off I-95, only 20 minutes from most anywhere in Fairfield and New Haven Counties. Parking is just $5 but think green and car pool.
Here's a bunch of other things you may not know:
- 32 entries. 28 award winning and highly acclaimed chefs & restaurants, 14 are brand new to Chowdafest!
- New cooking demonstration stage with celebrity chefs (to be announced)
- Sample craft beer, wine, coffee & hot chocolate!
- Check out our new "Sit & Slurp" section where you can bring your soup samples, sit, slurp and mark your ballots - remember, your votes determines who are the Chowda Champs!
- Our new mascot "Chef Ref" will be making appearances throughout January (see our mascot tab) reminding people about our PRE Super Bowl event.
- Check out our "Ciao"dafest and Cheese & Cracker Corners
- New hours - 11 to 3. Plenty of time to come out and then head home or out to enjoy the Super Bowl later that night.
- We give out FREE chef hats to kids (while supplies last) that they can put stickers on, decorate and more
- You can save $2 off the adult admission price when you purchase your tickets in advance at any New Haven or Fairfield County Stop & Shop location (through Jan. 31).
- Your participation still helps the Connecticut Food Bank.