If you're a hoop junkie, March is mad with college basketball. At Chowdafest, March Madness means sending out our coveted invites for this October. Each winter, we go on our "quest for the best", searching for great chowders, soups and bisque all over New England.
We hope to have our final roster by the end of this month but so far, we've found some gems like:
- Gaffney's - the reigning chowder champion from Saratogo Springs NY.
- The Chowder Bar from Bay Shore Long Island - ok, they're not Long Island but when you make the seldom heard Long Island clam chowder, you just got to include them.
- The infamous Clam Castle in Madison CT
- City Point Kitchen from New Haven
- The Boathouse in Westport
- The Boat Yard from Newport
- Mediterraneo of Norwalk
- Captain Scott's Lobster Dock in New London
Of course, Chowdafest faves like Rory's, our House Bistro, Dunville's, The Spread and The Crab Shell will be back to win it too. Hopefully we'll "net" the best line-up to date and will "shoot" by you at the end of the month.
Jim Keenan: Creator and Chief Chowda-head.