New England's Best Chowder & Soup Competition!
Set your calendar for Sun. Oct. 2, 2016
Sherwood Island State Park, Westport CT 11:00am-3:00pm
- 40 award winning chefs and restaurants representing every New England state compete for the title of best chowder, soup and bisque in New England!
- You're the judge in this unique "fun"raiser in the ongoing fight against hunger!
- You'll get a spoon, ballot & pencil - enjoy unlimited sampling and then rate everything you try on a scale of 7.0 to 10.5. The restaurants with the best average rating win their respective category.
- Four categories to judge: Classic New England Clam Chowder, Traditional Chowders (Manhattan/Rhode Island's), Creative Chowder and Soup/Bisque
- More than just soup:
- Enjoy our Italian-themed section called "Ciao"dafest and sample artisan breads and sauces
- Sample salsas and chips in our ChowdaMex section
- Indulge in farm fresh ice cream, yogurt & cheese in our Farm to Fork section
- Quench your thirst in our Beverage Bog
- Our "Little Necks" area is a great activity center for kids where they get to decorate free chef hats & more.
- Still the best deal in town: Tickets just $15, Kids (6-12) $5 and FREE PARKING
- Conveniently located at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport CT off Exit 18 off I-95
- A zero waste event and the model of event sustainability as everything gets composted or recycled
Thanks to our incredible restaurants, our terrific sponsors, all our volunteers and especially those who attended the 2015 competition, you helped us raise enough to fund OVER 400,000 meals to feed the hungry!
Chowdafest benefits Community Plates in the fight against food insecurity
and also supports the Friends of Sherwood Island
and Kids Helping Kids Foundations
The New England Chowdafest is Proudly Sponsored by: